SQL Coding Standard

A couple years back, I needed to define a Coding Standard for a development team to use in peer code review.  Finding coding standards for C# was easy.  There were several complete standards available.  I essentially just used the excellent IDesign Coding Standard with a couple modifications to fit our group.

The search for a SQL Coding Standard however was not quite as straightforward.  I could find only a few people who had written coding standards, and none of them quite covered everything.  So, I wrote/aggregated my own.  I drew from some of the sources I found and added my own thoughts as well.

I split the information into a coding convention & style guidelines because I believe that style should not be the focus of peer code reviews.  I have made the resulting Coding Convention & Style Guidelines available on Github.  Direct links are below:

Coding Convention & Architecture Guidelines
Naming Convention & Style Guidelines


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fixing Conan Lock Issues

Dynamic Object Oriented programming in ArchestrA

Initialize With Care